It’s true; basketball players love games, to the point that many want part of the action. And sometimes, a simple virtual version of hoops is not enough.
That this clip of Blake Griffin, from the Los Angeles Clippers and 2011 NBA Rookie of the Year, trying his best to be a part of id Software’s upcoming title, Rage.
Excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea who this guy is, and why he’s such a big deal, enough to warrant a cross-promotion of this kind. I obviously need to have a chat with our very own A. Isaac!
Anyhow, I stopped watching back when I was in high school, so the only names I really recognize are Michael Jordan and Shaquille O’Neal. The latter of whom wasn’t content enough to be featured in regular ol’ basketball titles, hence why he would later show up in a fighting game…
I was also into Charles Barkley back in the day, and was a big fan of his title Barkley Shut Up and Jam! Again, it’s a basketball title. Though even better was the unofficial sequel, a JRPG called Tales of Game’s Presents Chef Boyardee’s Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa…